Dr. Sean Mazloom is a board-certified and fellowship-trained dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon from NYC who has made the beautiful Venice his new home. Dr. Mazloom is an expert in medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology and specializes in skin cancer treatment such as Mohs surgery and has treated thousands of patients in his career. His artistic nature and cosmetic skills have made him well-known among patients around the country and abroad for his astounding cosmetic results.
Dr. Mazloom is one of the few double board-certified dermatologist and Mohs surgeons in Sarasota County and has treated thousands of patients with complex skin cancers, rashes or cosmetic needs with utmost care and passion throughout his career. His patients consistently describe him as an impressionable physician who practices personable care that considers their holistic needs across all areas of specialization – medical, surgical, and cosmetic.
Dedication to Patient Care
Dr. Mazloom is a passionate physician, and educator. These attributes shine through in his dedication and care for his patients and educating them about their conditions and treatment plans. He performs a thorough examination to make sure even the smallest cancer or skin issue is found and addressed early for the best outcome. He discusses the treatment plans with his patients in-depth to choose the appropriate plan for each individual person and their needs.
Working with the outstanding medical team at ReJUVA Dermatology, Vein and Skin Cancer Center, Dr. Mazloom accepts most insurances. He provides care to patients in Venice and the surrounding area and has attracted patients from all over the country.
Dr. Mazloom is one of the very few double-board certified dermatologists in Florida with multi expertise in Mohs surgery, cosmetic dermatology and superficial radiotherapy for skin cancers. His artistic nature and cosmetic skills with the philosophy of keeping the natural beauty of every person and enhancing upon that has made him well-known among patients around the country looking for more natural results.
Dr. Mazloom’s treatment services at ReJUVA Dermatology & Vein Center include:
- The diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers
- Mohs Surgery
- Non-surgical Skin Cancer Treatments using RadioTherapy
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Non-surgical FaceLift
- Non-surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- ReJUVA Skin Tight & ClearTM Laser
- ReJUVA BrownSpots ClearTM Laser
- ReJUVA PhotofacialTM Rejuvenation Laser
- ReJUVA SkinTight Face and Body Treatment
Discuss your skincare concerns with Dr. Mazloom by scheduling your consultation with him at 941-529-0070.
Phi Sigma Theta Honor Society Distinction
Dr. Mazloom graduated top of his class from the University of California, San Diego, with the Phi Sigma Theta Honor Society distinction. After completion of his medical school at Chicago Medical School, he then received training at several prestigious institutions and from world-class physicians at Cleveland Clinic, Case Western University Hospitals, and Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City.
His experience includes serving in the clinical faculty of dermatology at the prestigious Dermatology Department at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, where he taught dermatology residents and fellows.
Research Publications and Presentations
Dr. Sean Mazloom has presented at various national and international conferences, including the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS), the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), and the World Congress on Liposuction conferences. His research publications include:
- PLLA and HIFEM Combination Trteaments for Buttcoks Enhancement. Retrospective Chart Review. Oral Presentation. World Congress on Liposuction, 2019 Chicago, IL
- Live demonstration of Platelet-rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM) for Facial Rejuvenation, 2019. New York, NY
- Live demonstration of Platelet-rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM) for Androgenic Alopecia, 2019. New York, NY
- Off-label Use of Poly-L-Lactic Acid in Aesthetics, 2017 ASDS, Chicago, IL
- The Effect of Porcine Xenografts in Reducing Pain and Inflammatory Chondritis in Auricular Mohs Defects Healing by Secondary Intention: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Single-blind Pilot Study. (Poster presentation) May 1st 2016 American College of Mohs Surgery Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL
- The Utility of Dehydrated Human Amnion/Chorion Membrane Allograft in Lower Extremity Mohs Defects Healing by Secondary Intention: A Case Series.
- (Poster presentation) May 1st 2016 American College of Mohs Surgery Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL
- Desmoplastic Trichoepithelioma. Institutional Retrospective Chart Review and Systematic Review of All Cases Reported in English Literature. (Poster presentation) May 1st 2016 American College of Mohs Surgery Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL
- Does the Addition of a Topical Steroid to a Topical Retinoid Reduce Retinoid-Induced Dermatitis: A Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. (Oral presentation) March 2016 AAD. Washington, DC
- Differentiating Intralymphatic Histiocytosis, Intravascular Histiocytosis and Subtypes of Reactive Angioendotheliomatosis: Review of Clinical and Histologic Features of all Cases Reported to Date. 2015 ASDP, San Francisco, CA
- A Case of Basal Cell Carcinoma with Vascular Invasion Treated with Postoperative Adjuvant Radiotherapy. (Poster presentation) 2015 American College of Mohs Surgery Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX
- TNF-a Inhibitors Induced Psoriasis: A Decade of Experience at Cleveland Clinic. (Oral presentation) 2015 American Academy of Dermatology, San Francisco, CA
- Impact of Smoking on Response to Systemic Treatment in Patients with Psoriasis: a Retrospective Case-Control Study. (Poster presentation) 2015 American Academy of Dermatology, San Francisco, CA
- TNF-a Inhibitors Induced Psoriasis: A Comprehensive Review of All the Cases reported in Literature. (Oral presentation) 2014 Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA) and Swiss Psoriasis Day, Geneva, Switzerland
- Multicentric Reticulohistiocytosis and Malignancy. (Oral presentation) 4th annual (2014) International Conference in Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, San Antonio TX
- Multicentric Reticulohistiocytosis and Malignancy. A Comprehensive review of all the reported cases in literature. (Poster presentation) 2013 Ohio Dermatology Association Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH
- Metastatic Multiple Myeloma. Presented at the ASDP 2016 in Chicago, Illinois.